Royal Machines HT500X Shredder 5-Sheet Cross Cut Shredder easily shreds up to 5 sheets in a single pass and cuts the papers into unreadable 1/8 x 1 1/2-inch small cross-cut particles to keep your personal identity from the wrong hands.
Royal Machines HT500X Shredder has 9-inch paper entry slot. It shreds staples and credit cards.
This shredding machine prevents jams or overload by shutting itself off and alerting the user if a paper jam occurs.
The built-in reverse function helps clear excess scraps and overloads.
Royal HT500X has 18.5-liter capacity mesh wastebasket and has automatic start/stop feature for ease in operation.
Features and Specifications
- Royal Machines HT500X Shredder 5-Sheet Cross Cut Shredder with Auto Start/Stop
- 1/8″ x 1 1/2″ Cut
- 9″ Paper Entry Slot
- Auto Start/Stop
- Wire Mesh Wastebasket
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 13 x 14.5 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code.
It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements or anything containing your personal information that you are discarding.
What’s in the Box:
HT500X shredder, mesh wastebasket, power cable, printed user’s guide, warranty card
Below are the pros and cons of the Royal Machines HT500X Cross Cut Shredder as experienced and described by its users.
Users’ Positive Reviews
- It works great. It can shred papers and even credit cards into unreadable small pieces. It works for up to 5 pages of papers at one time and has gone for as long as 15 minutes without cooling down.
- It is fairly quiet and even has an auto button to allow it to work only when it actually detects papers into it. You can also easily clear it when it’s jammed using a reverse button.
- The trash basket is very easy to empty and holds quite a bit. I even put a trash bag into it and throw away a whole bag. I am quite satisfied with it.
- I had hoped for a shredder that was easy to use and to store. I got both. I expect many years of use from it.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- I expected this “crosscut” shredder to make confetti of the papers I fed through it. Instead it slices paper into strips. My old, less expensive shredder already sliced paper into strips. The strips made by the Royal HT500X are a little shorter than the strips made by my old shredder, but it still would be possible for someone to reconstruct my checking account number from these strips.
- Although the product is supposed to shred up to 5 sheets at a time; it does not. It will get jammed, so I only shred 1 or 2 sheets at a time.
- It is very loud and a bit slow, but I can live with that. I just don’t like the fact that it jams after only using it a few times.
- We had the Royal for about 8 months, used it sparingly and made sure not to overload it, and then it stopped working.
5 Stars 31%, 4 Stars 8%, 3 Stars 11%, 2 Stars 11%, 1 Star 39%
Get 30% Discount and more details of the Royal Machines HT500X Shredder 5-Sheet Cross Cut Shredder with Auto Start/Stop here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of May 27, 2017 6:27 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.