Royal 85MX 10 Sheet Cross Cut Shredder easily shreds up to 10 sheets of paper in a single pass and cuts the papers into unreadable 5/32 x 1 5/8-inch small particles to keep your personal identity from the wrong hands.
Royal 85MX cross-cut shredder is powerful enough to shred staples, credit cards and CDs and DVDs.
This shredding machine prevents jams or overload. The console has locking casters that keep the shredder to stay in place.
Royal 85MX shredder has an easy-to-remove wastebasket with 14.5-liter capacity and has automatic start/stop feature for ease in operation.
- Cut Type Cross-Cut Can Shred Accepts paper, staples and credit cards
- Shreds CDs and DVDs
- Sheet Capacity 10
- Cut Size 5/32″ x 1 5/8″
- Auto Start/Stop
- Basket Capacity: 14.5 liters
- With Casters
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual just to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code.
It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements or anything containing your personal information that you are discarding.
Below are the pros and cons of Royal 85MX Cross Cut Shredder as experienced and described by its users.
Users’ Positive Reviews
- This is a great shredder and it takes on cards, staples and paper clips without a problem.
- I’ve been using this shredder for about a month now and it does have nice features
- It has a separate slot to shred CDs/DVDs and another for credit cards.
- I never had an issue with it.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- The waste basket could hold a lot more if the shredding mechanism sat on top of it instead of being attached.
- It is very difficult to pick out those pieces of paper that stick onto the cutters and around the ends (especially as the unit ages and the blades get dull).
- It’s junk. Before the bin is even half full, the thing is jammed.
- This only works when it feels like it. The “trigger” mechanism sucks. If it works at all, it comes on for a split second then stops. Then you have to put it in reverse for it to function again. Then if you don’t “hit” the “trigger” just the way it likes at the moment, you have to go through the whole process again.
- The shredded paper fragments tend to wrap around both ends of the shaft that the cutting blades are attached to.
- This thing jams constantly. It is loud and a total waste of my money. I’ve had other shredders in the past, and this is probably the worst I’ve had. I’m lucky to be able to shred 3 sheets at a time.
5 Stars 12%, 4 Stars 0%, 3 Stars 0%, 2 Stars 22%, 1 Star 66%
Get 12% Discount and more details of the Royal 85MX 10 Sheet Cross Cut Shredder (29157K) here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of June 28, 2017 4:59 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.