Royal 160MX 16-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder easily shreds up to 16 sheets in a single pass and cuts the papers into unreadable 5/32 x 1 5/8-inch small particles to keep your personal identity from the wrong hands.
It is even powerful enough to shred staples, credit cards and CDs. Royal 160MX prevents jams or overload.
The console has locking casters that keep the shredder to stay in place. This shredding machine is built for heavy-duty usage and shreds up to 150 cycles in a day.
The “Bin Full” sensor makes the shredder stop from shredding when the bin is already full. It features a 1/8-inch by 1-inch LCD message center.
The Royal 160MX shredder has a 28-liter pull-out wastebasket and has automatic start/stop feature for ease in operating.
- Cross-Cut Shredder
- Professional Heavy-Duty Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- Shreds 16 Pages in a Single Pass
- Destroys CDs and Credit Cards
- All steel gear construction
- 1/8″ x 1″ LCD message center
- Auto start/stop and reverse
- Basket full alarm
- Large capacity
- 28-liter wastebasket with casters
- 26.7 x 18.5 x 14.5 inches
- Weight: 40.2 pounds
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code.
It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements or anything which contains your personal information that you are discarding.
Below are the pros and cons of the Royal 160MX cross-cut shredder as described and experienced by its users.
Users’ Positive Reviews
- This shredder cuts the paper into small pieces and the ends are angled and ragged making the confetti impossible to be reassembled.
- It stops working when the integral bin is full. It’s very simple to empty by pulling out the bin with the handle. It has to be fully inserted to resume shredding.
- This is an excellent choice for home office and it has an excellent value. I couldn’t find another model with comparable features near this price.
- You get much of your money with Royal 160MX than comparably-priced Fellowes shredders.
- This shredder is hungry for junk mails. It will gobble up those credit card applications right in the envelope they come in without opening them.
- The construction of Royal 160MX seems very solid.
- The motor is heavier than other models and seems to be made for a heavy-duty job.
- I count up 15 to 16 sheets and this machine just eats them with no problem.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- It becomes unusable after two months of moderately using it.
- The unit makes a lot of noise when shredding.
- The reverse button would require multiple presses before engaging.
- The design of shredding rollers is inferior to that of even the cheapest Fellowes ones.
- It sounds like it’s laboring just to shred three pages.
- The feeder is awkward so you’ll find yourself re-feeding the same stack of sheets several times.
5 Stars 65%, 4 Stars 14%, 3 Stars 4%, 2 Stars 6%, 1 Star 11%
Find out more comments and details of the Royal 160MX 16-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of April 26, 2017 8:44 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.