First Alert SC121DF Cross-Cut Shredder, 12-Sheet, Black/Silver prevents identity theft and keeps your personal information from wrong hands by shredding your documents into 3/8 x 1 7/8-inch confetti pieces.
It accepts up to 12 sheets in each pass. It has a clear button which easily lets you push the paper through with just a single touch and it avoids clogging the blades.
It features a three-function switch that keeps the paper moving smoothly and prevents overheating of the motor.
It is very easy to use. Just feed the paper, media or credit card through and then the shredder starts doing its job.
The First Alert SC121DF shredder has separate slots and disposal bin for DVDs, credit cards and CDs.
The 4.8-gallon wastebasket holds a large amount of shredded documents and it slides out for easy removal and disposal.
The shredder can be easily rolled or locked to keep it stay in place. This machine has a basket window so you can see through it to check if it’s time to empty the bin.
- 3-function switch keeps paper moving, blades from blocking and the motor from overheating
- Full identity theft protection shreds up to 12 sheets of paper into unreadable 3/8? x 1 7/8” tiny shreds
- Separate slots and disposal bin for shredding CDs, DVDs and credit cards
- 4.8 gallon basket capacity holds a large amount of pieces and slides out for easy removable and dumping
- Locking castors allow shredder to be easily rolled or locked to stay in place
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 13.3 x 21.8 inches
- Weight: 20.8 pounds
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code.
It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements that you are discarding.
Note: This product was originally sold under the brand Honeywell. It is now sold under the brand First Alert due to acquisition.
Below are the pros and cons of the First Alert SC121DF cross-cut shredder as described and experienced by its users.
Users’ Positive Comments
- This unit performs very well.
- I tried shredding my CD and credit card with it and it worked.
- It has ample 12-page shredding capacity.
- This shredder does a great job in shredding.
- It does shred everything very nicely.
Users’ Negative Comments
- Upon turning it on after a couple of months of not using it, it’s dead as a door nail.
- This machine is not cheap and I expect it to last for years but it didn’t even make it a year.
- There was this plastic tub inside that kept jamming the pull-out drawer and then finally stuck completely. I think it was for catching the shredded cards or CDs, but it wouldn’t stay in that spot.
- I wound up cracking the handle trying to open the slide out with the plastic tub stuck.
5 Stars 25%, 4 Stars 50%, 3 Stars 0%, 2 Stars 0%, 1 Star 25%
Find out more comments and details of the First Alert SC121DF Cross-Cut Shredder, 12-Sheet, Black/Silver here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of April 26, 2017 8:44 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.