Fellowes Shredmate 37788 Cross Cut Shredder is a cross cut shredder which is designed for light-duty shredding needs for home or home office.
Fellowes Shredmate shredder is very efficient in shredding and reducing documents to 0.15 x 1.25-inch particles.
Cross-cutting is a way much safer than strip-cutting your documents and personal information, and this machine does a great job in cross-cutting documents.
This shredding machine has a small transparent bin which lets you know immediately when the bin needs to be emptied. The bin can hold shredded particles of about 30 – 40 sheets.
Fellowes Shredmate has a 4.5-inch slot which is recommended for shredding bills or credit card receipts.
The sensor of this shredder makes it automatically start when paper is inserted and then it stops when the process has been completed.
Fellowes Shredmate 37788 also features Reverse function that helps in unclogging paper jam.
Features and Specifications
- 3-sheet capacity
- Mechanical auto start
- Conveniently shreds mail and receipts
- Includes clear bin to catch confetti-cut particles
- Easily fits into any home or office décor
- Product Weight: 8 pounds
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual just to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code.
It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements or anything containing your personal information that you are discarding.
Below are the pros and cons of the Fellowes Shredmate 37788 Cross Cut Shredder as experienced by its users.
Users’ Positive Reviews
- It is small. That is the beauty of it. It’s small but powerful. It shreds credit cards. I like that.
- It takes up a very small space and is not tall, so you can easily put it on a desk surface and use it as you open all of the pieces of junk mail.
- Yes, this shredder is quite small, but for personal use it works quite well. It’s ideal for putting it on a desk so it doesn’t take up much room but you can still use it to shred receipts and such. It shreds everything into nice tiny pieces and is easy to dump out into the trash.
- It does a good job. No paper jam or unshredded paper.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- The wastebasket is small and doesn’t hold much.
- The paper pieces get somewhat bent so they don’t fall flat hence they take up more space in the basket.
- Maybe I will spray-paint it since it’s so ugly.
- I find this unit is a real pain in the patootie to empty. There’s no handle to grab. It’s a smooth, nearly featureless shredding unit that contains a heavy shredding head and motor.
- There’s just nothing to grab to get this thing off the container portion. And when you do open it, shredded paper tends to scatter itself.
- Because of a safety slot, I can’t figure out how to put a liner bag into it. It shreds well, but it is a pain to empty.
5 Stars 25%, 4 Stars 13%, 3 Stars 25%, 2 Stars 25%, 1 Star 12%
Get more details of the Fellowes Shredmate Cross Cut Shredder (37788) here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of June 28, 2017 4:59 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.