Aurora AS890C 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/Credit Card Shredder shreds your private documents and sensitive data into confetti at the speed of 8 pages per minute.
The stainless-steel blades efficiently cut through folded paper, paper clips, staples and credit cards. The blades slice across and down the paper which provide maximum security of your personal data.
The wastebasket has 125-sheet capacity so it doesn’t require to be emptied often.
This shredder’s cross-cut technology provides high-security protection when you dispose of your personal information, financial statements or junk mail.
The entry slot measures 8.7 inches and the shredder is capable of shredding as many as 8 pages of paper in just one pass.
Even when you feed a folded paper or riddled with staples, its stainless-steel blades will shred your documents fast for safe disposal.
Perfect Size for Home or Office
The moderate size and black color of this paper shredder make it a perfect addition to your home or small office. It comes with 59-inch power cord which makes it possible to position far from the power outlet.
Aurora AS890C Cross-Cut Shredder has light indicator that alerts you when it’s time to empty the attached wastebasket.
This paper shredder machine can be left in auto start mode to provide you maximum convenience. A sensor activates the blades when paper is inserted. If you happen to feed more than 8 pages at a time, the manual Reverse mode helps you clear a temporary paper jam.
You don’t have to worry when you need to use it heavily as it features thermal overload protection that keeps the unit from overheating.
Aurora AS890C Features
- Crosscut paper and credit card shredder destroys your sensitive documents
- Shreds credit cards, paper clips and staples
- 8-sheet capacity
- 8.7-inch throat width
- Measures 12 x 7 x 16 inches
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual just to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code.
It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements or anything containing your personal information that you are discarding.
Below are the Aurora AS890C Cross-Cut Shredder Pros and Cons as experienced and described by its users.
Users’ Positive Reviews
- The shredder activates easily once paper is introduced and I’ve not had a problem having to adjust how the paper was introduced to the activation mechanism.
- This is the first shredder that has not broke or jammed up on me within 2 weeks of purchase.
- This is a great little machine. It’s fairly quiet and shreds credit cards with ease. It’s solid and sturdy.
- I personally love this shredder! It does what it is supposed to do… shreds into small pieces
- It works great and is just as good as advertised.
- This shredder exceeded our expectations. It works well and cuts the documents into fine shredded pieces.
- This paper shredder is everything I hopped it would be. It is much quieter than the one we had been using, and can handle several pages of mail with little effort.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- It stops working after a few minutes of use and takes a full 24 hours to cool down and start to work again.
- It jams constantly. I can’t see any reason for the jam. There isn’t a lot of paper stuck in it.
- The use of reverse did nothing to remove a bit of paper which is hindering the feed area.
- Despite my carefully shredding only 3 pages at a time, after a handful of uses this shredder ceased to work.
- I am very disappointed in this item. It is very noisy and is very difficult to place the sheet so the trigger activates the machine.
5 Stars 35%, 4 Stars 25%, 3 Stars 13%, 2 Stars 4%, 1 Star 22%
Get more details of the Aurora AS890C 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/Credit Card Shredder with Basket here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of August 2, 2015 12:52 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.