Aurora AS882C 8 Sheet Crosscut Paper/Credit Card Shredder with Basket is a medium-duty machine that shreds your private documents and sensitive data into 5/32 x 1 17/20 pieces at the speed of 8.36 feet per minute.
The stainless-steel blades efficiently cut through folded paper, paper clips, staples and credit cards. The blades slice across and down the paper which provide maximum security of your personal data.
The wastebasket has a 5.5-gallon or 160-sheet capacity so it doesn’t require to be emptied often.
The Aurora AS882C shredder’s cross-cut technology provides high-security protection when you dispose of your personal information, financial statements or junk mail.
The entry slot measures 9 inches and the shredder is capable of shredding as many as 8 pages of paper in just one pass.
Even when you feed a folded paper or riddled with staples, its stainless-steel blades will shred your documents fast for safe disposal.
Perfect Size for Home or Office
The moderate size of this shredder makes it a perfect addition to your home or small office. It has light indicator that alerts you when it’s time to empty the attached wastebasket.
Aurora AS882C shredder can be left in auto start mode to provide you maximum convenience. A sensor activates the blades when paper is inserted.
If you happen to feed more than 8 pages at a time, the manual Reverse mode helps you clear a temporary paper jam. You don’t have to worry when you need to use it heavily as it features thermal overload protection that keeps the unit from overheating.
- Shreds credit cards
- Crosscuts up to 8 sheets/Cut size: 5/32″ x 1 17/20″ pieces
- 3 Mode Safety Switch
- Shred speed: 8.36 feet per minute/9.0″ throat width
- Basket volume/capacity: 5.5 gallon/160 sheets
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 8 x 16 inches
Below are the pros and cons of Aurora AS882C Cross-Cut Shredder as experienced and described by its users.
Users’ Positive Review
- It wasn’t very loud and it did a great job.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- I had mine for about a year, barely used, before it slowly got louder and louder.
- It made a lot of noise and would shred 1/4″ of the sheets and kept on making noise but not take any more paper in.
- With the gears made out of plastic, the loose piece would probably have become loose no matter what.
- This machine has trouble shredding credit cards and more than 6 sheets of paper. If you have a lot to shred this is not the machine for you.
- The basket fills up too quickly and it’s impossible to empty the basket without spilling shredded paper around.
5 Stars 0%, 4 Stars 0%, 3 Stars 34%, 2 Stars 33%, 1 Star 33%
Get more details of the Aurora AS882C 8 Sheet Crosscut Paper/Credit Card Shredder with Basket here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of June 28, 2017 4:59 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.