Aurora AS810SD 8-Sheet Strip Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Basket is a strip-cut shredder that’s perfect for home and protects you from identity theft by cutting your paper documents into ¼-inch strips.
Aurora AS810SD shredder even cuts through credit cards and CDs. This shredding machine accepts 8 sheets of paper in just a single pass at the speed of 9.7 feet per minute.
The 3-Safety Mode switch keeps you safe during the shredding process by keeping your fingers from being caught by the unit’s 8.75-inch wide feeding throat.
Aurora AS810SD has a 4.5-gallon capacity wastebasket which is capable of holding 100 sheets of shredded paper.
Aurora AS810SD shredder is powerful enough to tear right through staple, paper clips, credit cards and CDs.
You don’t have to worry when you feed too much into it as it has manual reverse feature which quickly clears paper jams.
- Paper shredder helps you keep yourself safe from identity theft
- Shreds up to 8 sheets at once at 9.7 feet per minute
- Shreds CDs and credit cards as well
- Included wastebasket holds 4.5 gallons
- Measures 12.8 x 13.0 x 6.5 inches
Prevent Identity Theft
The fastest growing crime in the U.S. is identity theft. It is done by misusing the personal information of another individual just to commit fraud.
Identity thieves gather personal information either by stealing mail or workplace records, dumpster diving, computer hacking or using computer code. It is essential that you should shred your mails, credit application copies, charge receipts, physician statements, insurance forms, expired charge cards, mailed credit offers, or checks and bank statements or anything containing your personal information that you are discarding.
Below are the pros and cons of Aurora AS810SD Shredder with Basket as experienced and described by its users.
Users’ Positive Reviews
- This is a great shredder for the home, and for the price.
- It’s awesome and I found no real cons in it. It’s a shredder with all features at a price of only paper shredder from many other brands.
- If you’re looking for a home shredder that will do the job without costing you an arm and a leg, this is definitely it.
- I am very satisfied. It’s quiet when shredding and easily handles eight sheets of paper.
- It sounds more powerful, and although I’ve only had it for a month, I feel quite confident that I have finally chosen a peach instead of a lemon.
- I can recommend this product for home use. It does what it supposed to do with ease and safety.
Users’ Negative Reviews
- It doesn’t make confetti cuts, just turns the paper into long strips.
- This does not do “confetti” or “cross cut” shredding: it shreds things into long strips.
- It kept jamming even with a couple of sheets of paper.
- After about 20 sheets (two at a time), it jammed and the motor would not stop running.
- The unit shredded unevenly, jammed and broke within the first 10 minutes of operation.
- I put a credit card in the appropriate slot and it never worked after that.
5 Stars 42%, 4 Stars 30%, 3 Stars 11%, 2 Stars 4%, 1 Star 11%
Get 5% discount and more details of the Aurora AS810SD 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Basket here.
Bestselling Cross Cut Shredders
Prices are accurate as of April 26, 2017 8:44 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.